Re: Another view

At 10:10 PM 12/23/00 -0800, Phil Karn wrote:
> >LEOs lose because you have very limited access times and very limited range.
>
>When my wife and I were in Greece a few months ago, we made several
>phone calls through my Globalstar phone. Access time wasn't limited at
>all, and our calls reached all the way to the US. Globalstar certainly
>qualifies as a LEO system.

Come on, Phil, you can't be serious in comparing the Globalstar system
to anything that's remotely within the capabilities of the amateur radio
satellite community.

You also know as well as I do that your calls reached the U.S. on
landlines, not on the satellite system at all. Your arguments are much
more convincing when you stay on point and technical.

73  -Paul
kb5mu@amsat.org