Satellite trailer

With the recent discussion of satellite trailers, I thought I would
mention a trailer I get to play with from time to time.  I will point
out that this is NOT used for amateur satellite operation.  This trailer
is one of 7 that is owned by the state of California.  This is one of 3
owned by the California Office of Emergency Services and is setup, and
operated exclusively by members of the Auxilliary Communication Service
(RACES grown up).  These trailers operate on a commercial satellite in
Ku band.  They are used to provide telephone and LAN connectivity to
normally remote locations such as fire camps.  The trailer in the photos
is setup to provide 9 phone lines and 2 56Kb/s data circuits.  It has an
on-board telephone PBX (and the phoes to use it), a generator, air
conditioning, lighting, and an 800 MHz repeater with telephone
interconnect so that one of the phone lines can be accessed from a
handheld (normally used by the on site tech).
The link below takes you to a portion of my photo album where we had
setup one of the satellite trailers and also one of our comm vans at the
Boy Scout Jamboree on the Air at a high school in Orange County,
California.  There is also a photo of the satellite trailer with me in
front of it at the Alaska Airline crash last February on the main page
of my web site.  I will warn you that I'm in the process of making some
updates on my site so there are a few pages that do not appear to be
done (they're not).  Here is the link and it's case sensitive.  If you
have any problems with the direct link, you can go to my main page at
the link in my signature file.

http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/Photo/JOTA.html

BTW, for those in southern California, we are looking for more people.

73
Jim Walls - K6CCC
k6ccc@amsat.org
http://home.earthlink.net/~k6ccc/