Re: New FT-817

sco@sco-inc.com writes:

> Does anyone know if the new FT-817 could be used for satellite work on
>  either FM or SSB/CW ???

I worked Scott, AC3A tonight on RS-13 CW.  His signal was 599 here.  He is in
Florida on holiday and was using one.  Here is his report:

  I was using 5 watts up on a dipole strung into a palm tree and my HT
  telescoping whip for the downlink.  After you, I called and spoke to kp3a
on ssb
  easily also.  I was running off the battery the whole time.

BTW, I was using an FT-100, also a "split" rig.  It's not as easy as
full-duplex, but it certainly works.  I think he plans to try AO-10 tomorrow
with his Arrow Antenna.
73,
Jerry, K5OE