Re: question for the experts

Douglas,

Your question is a good one.  According to the AMSAT bulletins the IHU-2 was
suffering from radiation caused memory (upsets) corruption.  In fact the IHU-2 had
to be rebooted three times (??).  It was running a work around program to repeat the
telemetry onto the 145 MHz downlink.  I looked for information on solar activity
with similar thoughts to yours.  We are near "solar max" as you know.  Here are two
web sites that have good information:  http://www.sec.noaa.gov/ace/ and
http://www.spaceweather.com  Both of them have good information.  I could not find a
specific event the happened at the same time as AO-40 went off the air.

Happy Holidays!
73's de Rich Burgan, WC8J
----