Re: New AO-27?

This is one of the few decent answers received so far. Thank you.

If there is a problem with a few hams taking over the bird why not make it
a closed/managed system?
We can now use codes to allow access to ground based repeaters, why not do
the same with a bird in space?  Give each member of Amsat-NA a unique
access code which opens the squelch on the sat's receiver. If no code or a
black listed code [ground control denies access to any ham who abuses the
system] is heard the bird does not respond.

There are now many club owned repeaters on the ground. They are legal. Does
access to a sat have to be "open" to all comers?  I do not know the legal
answer to this. Or could it be open only to club members who paid for its
building and launch?