Re: lack of respect.. New AO-27?

----- Original Message -----
From: Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
To: <sco@sco-inc.com>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Saturday, December 23, 2000 1:34 PM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] New AO-27?

> >How feasible would it be [for Amsat-NA] to build a multi-channel AO-27
> >type sat and put it into geo-stationary orbit over NA?
> >
> >W4SCO
> >
> >I really can't imagine ANYTHING more ridiculous!!!
>

>             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org

 You want to know what is killing our hobby... People who have nothing
better to do then.. cut someone down, lack of respect towards others, making
fun of someone, talking down to others. I would love to use some colorful
words but there is no sense in coming down to your level.

 If you have nothing good to say to someones question.. DONT SAY ANYTHING.

 I thought this hobby was about exploring radio. When a new guy comes on and
asked a question.. dont kill him.. be glad there are still people who see
this hobby as fun and entertaining.. It doesnt take many bad responces to
turn someone away from any hobby. If you have nothing better to say.. dont
say.. You cant tell me you have never head this..... a thousand times..

 I learned along time ago why there is no reason for a AO-27/SO35 style of
satellite to be placed in a geosync orbit.. Funny thing is.. I got good
responces and and a few bad ones too.. The ones who answered my guestions
with some respect.. these ones are truely real ham radio operators.. the
others.. well they can goto hell. Its was at this time, when I started to
ask all my questions that I almost gave up on my hobby.. I couldnt believe
how many of you go out of your way to attack someone. Do as all a favor..
sell your gear, rip up your licence and go find a hobby that suits your
lifestlye better.

 Tim VE5TNC