Re: New AO-27?

>From: Clifford Buttschardt <cbuttsch@slonet.org>
>To: Dave Guimont <dguimon1@san.rr.com>
>CC: sco@sco-inc.com, amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] New AO-27?
>Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 11:44:37 -0800 (PST)
>
>Hi Dave.  I was in the process of composing a note trying to find polite
>words to say the very same thing as you did below!  Cliff K7RR
>
>On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Dave Guimont wrote:
>

> > >How feasible would it be [for Amsat-NA] to build a multi-channel AO-27
> > >type sat and put it into geo-stationary orbit over NA?
> > >
> > >W4SCO
> > >
> > >I really can't imagine ANYTHING more ridiculous!!!
> >

> >             73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
> >                     Disagree: I learn....
> > ----
> >

>----

one of the things that has really surprised me about this board is the lack
of civility toward people who simply ask a question that they dont know the
answer to.  I know the answer to it, so I didnt ask the question but its
clear the guy who asked it didnt and not a soul gave him a decent answer...

How hard would that have been?

Let me try.

A AO-27 over the US?  IMagine one repeater for the entire US that one single
person could/would use/monopolize at a time.  Now allivaite that problem by
only the additional channels that you add to the system.

See now that wasnt hard.  Was it?

There could be more to the answer like one might look at the UHF-follow ons
to see how such a system might operate but then again the person might not
know what the UHF follow ons are.

Robert Oler WB5MZO