From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of betty boobs
Sent: 23 December 2000 16:03
To: Tony Langdon
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] Another view

Tony:
     Have you ever built a 70cm cross yagi for the high orbit birds? It's
not that
difficult
as you might think. materials are very inexpensive. I can give you and
others many
tips to ease the pain, actually make it fun when everyone else asks where
you got
that killer yagi from.
     as far as the typical 2mtr downlink for the old mode J, All i've used
for the
last
number of years is a 13-b2 from cushcraft , plenty of gain and it also gets
double
use.
     Rotators are not a problem, you do not need the expensive ones, very
cheap and
easily found rotors can be used with a couple of homemade brackets.
     The AO-10 class stations need not be out of reach just because you lack
the
information to reach that goal.. there are plenty of us out here .. fire
away !!
pick our
brains.. lots of talent out here..
jim kd4hur