Re: New AO-27?

>Hi Dave.  I was in the process of composing a note trying to find polite
>words to say the very same thing as you did below!  Cliff K7RR
>
>On Sat, 23 Dec 2000, Dave Guimont wrote:
>

> > >How feasible would it be [for Amsat-NA] to build a multi-channel AO-27
> > >type sat and put it into geo-stationary orbit over NA?
> > >
> > >W4SCO
> > >
> > >I really can't imagine ANYTHING more ridiculous!!!
> >
>Yes, I walk around my chair about three times before I respond to such idiotic
messages, but I will not support any more "one user FM voice bird"
like ARISS or "a two user FM voice bird" like AO-27.

I'm sure the big manufacturers are scrambling to promote their 2 meter FM
"belt satellite" stations after cell phones took away most of the local
repeater market. That along with NASA trying to support NASA.

Our only future is to promote digital, some people are trying just that, or at
least go with a transponder ssb/cw many user satellite, no matter what the
degree of sophistication.  That degree of course depends on how much money we
can raise....

Time will tell.....

            73, Dave wb6llo@amsat.org
                    Disagree: I learn....