Re: Amsat-dl new information just posted.

>From: "Richard D. Burgan" <wc8j@raex.com>
>To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
>Subject: [amsat-bb] Amsat-dl new information just posted.
>Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2000 13:23:39 -0500

that doesnt suprise me.

Based on what has been mentioned on open forum and in newsletters it strikes
me as pretty clear that the bird isnt going to fix itself.

Either it is hearing commands and not acting on them but reseting the
command assist timer or its tried to reset the command assist timer and
nothing has happened or the command assist timer is a casualty of whatever
took the vehicle down in the first place.

That really strikes me (based on what I know and thats nothing so this data
could be really wrong) as the only logical problem solving paths here and
they all end with a hard reset.

If they send the hard reset and nothing happens then at the very least they
can nail down the problem(s) to something that would kill the hard reset.
My guess (and its only that) is that we should know something before New

Robert Oler WB5MZO