Re: AMSAT Special Bulletin

"Vince Fiscus, KB7ADL" wrote:

> What does this mean exactly?
> >AMSAT NEWS SERVICE BULLETIN 357.01 FROM AMSAT HQ
> >SILVER SPRING, MD, DECEMBER 22, 2000
> >TO ALL RADIO AMATEURS
> >BID: $ANS-357.01
> >
> >AMSAT-NA President Robin Haighton, VE3FRH, provided
> >ANS with the following  'President's Letter'

Well, *I* think it means that:

 AMSAT-DL/UK/NA, DARC and ARRL are responding to the folks in their memberships
who are expressing dissatisfaction with how much information they have about
what's going on with Oscar-40, or with the strategies to bring it online, with
how it was designed, or are expressing concern about strategies and tactics for
"what's next for amateur satellites" now that Oscar-40 is in orbit.

They're establishing the management and administration to move forward now that
the launch milestone that has been in front of us for so long is now behind us.

They've specifically tasked Peter with coherently documenting for us what
exactly has happened with Oscar-40, what's being done about it, and why.

And by moving the focus of some attention on the broader issues to the Program
Board and Inquiry Comittee, they are hopefully making some space for the
Oscar-40 command team to go ahead and concentrate on the operational issues of
doing their jobs without a lot of distraction on things that are really outside
their scope as the Command Team.

Maybe even let them have a little bit of Christmas/Hanukka/Solstice holiday with
their families with a little less interference from their hobby.

It all sounds positive to me. And I'm considered fairly cynical in some circles.
:-)

 73 de Maggie

--
     / __     _)      Margaret Stephanie Leber  /"The art of progress   /
    /(, /|  /|   http://voicenet.com/~maggie   / consists of preserving/