Re: Suggestions (RG-62 availability replay)

At 07:03 PM 12/22/2000 -0600, Gerald Payton wrote:
>Right now, I'm searching for a good source for N-connectors.  Also, a
>source for RG-62 (now a 100 feet at a time!)....Is there a good URL site
>with these items?

Funny you should ask.  There was quite a thread about finding RG62 on
amsat-bb a few months ago.

I've bought a lot of coax from Cable Experts.
<http://www.cablexperts.com/>  They have all the various flavors of low
loss cable that are useful for general ham & satellite work.  However, I
don't see any RG62 there.

Here is the text of my answer to the RG62 question from a few months
ago.  There were many other answers as well.  A couple of people replied
that there were some big spools of RG62 being auctioned on Ebay at the time.

At 12:55 AM 7/9/2000 -0500, David M. Tipton, PhD wrote:
 >Anyone have a clue where I can find RG-62 Cable? ... I can't find anyone
who >still carries it.

Well, I took the challenge. Found the following by searching the web:
This guy sells bulk RG-62, but it's hard to find on his web page. This URL
takes you directly to his bulk coax page.
<http://www.cablexpress.com/jsp/itemresultlist.jsp?subcat=050701&site=cables>
Here's a familiar source for ham radio stuff: Surplus Sales of Nebraska.
They list bulk RG-62. It's down near the bottom of the coax page.
http://www.surplussales.com/Wire-Cable/Shield-Coaxmain.html
Here's a surplus guy who lists RG-62 on his web page, but says "call" for
pricing and availability (?):
http://www.skycraftsurplus.com/coaxcable.htm
These guys have 500ft spools of RG-62 for sale:
http://action-electronics.com/cabl-prc.htm
Believe it or not, Radio Shack's web site lists RG-62!
<http://www.radioshack.com/ProductCatalog/ProductListing/Index/1,2094,CTLG_005_001_003_000,00.html>
Mouser Electronics (great electronics mail order place) lists RG-62 on
their web page:
<http://www.mouser.com/products/detail.cfm?MPart=515-1164-12&CustRef=&source=search>
Folks who sell computer cables often stock RG-62. These guys sell RG-62
cables with connectors on em already (ie computer cables):
http://www.homestead.com/cables/computer12.html
http://www.kwe.euregio.net/htm/2/24_22.htm
http://www.cables-and-networks.com/network/coax-cable-ugau.html
http://www.cables-unlimited.com/coax.html
Of course see the warnings at <http://www.basicomputer.com/hgcoax.htm>
regarding the hazards of high gain coax.