-----Original Message-----
From: owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org [mailto:owner-AMSAT-BB@AMSAT.Org]On
Behalf Of Douglas Braun & Nadia Papakonstantinou
Sent: 22 December 2000 17:37
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Subject: [amsat-bb] Strange AO-10 QSOs today

Hello,

This morning (QTH Princeton NJ) I was hearing
SSB QSOs (with slight Doppler) around 145.890.

It must have been AO-10, but three different tracking
programs and Web sites (using different element sets) all
said that AO-10 was 4 to 5 degrees below the horizon at the time.
(It was near apogee over the Pacific.)

Does anyone have any guesses why?  Are AO-10's elements way off?
Coult there be some wierd propagation mode?  Does RS-12's transponder
work well below its published bandwidth?  Was AO-40's transponder
accidentally turned on?

Doug
NA1DB