Digital Satellite Design

Based on suggestions made on AMSAT-BB I investigated the possibility of
providing the infrastructure for a specialized repeater (transponder)
that can be used as a live satellite test bed.

This test bed would allow for on-air testing of flight designs including
hardware, modulation, coding, protocols, etc.

We have a couple of secure but accessible sites with coverage that would
include most of central and eastern Maryland and parts of Delaware.  In
that footprint are quite a number of potential designers for this new
system. With the help of John, K8JW I am confident that we can make such
a site available and oversee its maintenance and other infrastructure
costs.

There is also interest in using the resulting technology for terrestrial
repeater operations.

Comments?

Rick
W2GPS