Re: Re: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

The ORBCOMM constellation of 35 LEOs uses DSP chips in the receivers,
transmitters and modems.

Yes, there are radiation issues that one must be conscious of when
designing, but that's the case with any components operating in
space.  In the end, yes, DSP does work in space.

I suspect you would find similar usage in most all commercial
communciaitons satellites these days.

Eric W3DQ
Washington, DC