Re: TDMA - Reading the mail

>One question about a TDMA or CDMA type satellite signal:  How would one go
>about "reading the mail"  or joining in a round table QSO?  The beauty of
>analog is we all share the same spectrum/time space.  That is also the worst
>part about it as well.

The same way you do it now. Because the satellite downlink is
inherently a broadcast medium, there's nothing to keep any interested
station from demodulating the same transmission. In fact, with TDMA
(but not FDMA) it's trivial to demdulate everything at once. But you
probably wouldn't want to actually *listen* to 20 QSOs at the same
time. :-)

Phil