TDMA - Reading the mail

I'll admit the idea of a digital voice satellite has been intriguing.  Yes,
even to me who has railed against it in the past.

One question about a TDMA or CDMA type satellite signal:  How would one go
about "reading the mail"  or joining in a round table QSO?  The beauty of
analog is we all share the same spectrum/time space.  That is also the worst
part about it as well.

So how would multiple people be able to listen, talk, etc. on a TDMA or CDMA
channel?  How would things such as a DX pileup happen?

Perhaps the experts have answers that satisfy these questions and more.  I
do not.

73,

Jon
NA9D