Re: Element(ary) analysis revisited

Bob,

>  NORAD is NOT
>all that great at radar painting of objects that they do
>not have a single clue where to find.  Please send the
>results of your comparisons to me directly.  I will send
>them to Ken, Phil, and anyone else that wants to
>study the data.  If they agree, as I expect them to, we
>have one more piece of strong evidence that nothing
>massive happened.

NORAD 'found' AO-40 Sunday night when the Elgin sensor was tasked to look
for it using the post burn keps Ken provided.  They found it not far off
those, but that was a one time obs for a few seconds.  At our request they
task Kwaj and Elgin last night to refine the keps using narrow beam
sensors.  Both sites made multiple obs totalling over 90.  The data Ken
provided is the result of that and should be about as good as it gets,
certainly good enough for antennas we use.

This is not to suggest AOS/LOS observations aren't needed, only to point
out these should be pretty good elements.

Jim
jim@coloradosatellite.com
wd0e@amsat.org