P3D Articles you can read.

Since there is so much interest into the workings of AO-40 and speculation on
the same,  I thought there might be some thing written up previously.  There
sure is.  Here's two papers that were presented at past Amsat Symposia:

1998:  "The Experimental IHU-2 Aboard P3D" by Green, Gulzow, Johnson, Meinzer,
and Miller.  11 pages!
1996:  "Phase 3D Update" edited by Dick Daniels.  17 pages.

Now I don't know if they are still available, but the proceedings cost $12 for
1996 and $15 for 1998.  I need to get 1999 and 2000 to complete my library.
Another great source of info is the Amsat Journal...comes with your membership
{hint!}

Happy reading!
Ed
Amsat #3212
PS:  after reading these you will be able to come back to the bb as an
"x-spurt" ;-)