Re: WISP and CAT control

This sounds like a good idea. I am trying to do as little as possible in
writing any code. I could write something that interfaces with WISP, but
I have just recently finished a major contract in which I had to convert
and write about 600,000 lines of code in 'C' and Fortran and not really
looking at doing any more than I have to, if you know what I mean.

I do have a TAPR Trakbox, that has been assembled but not tested yet
or installed in a box. Will try to get around that as soon as I can as well.
Obviously, I'm trying to do as little as possible right now, due to my
schedule and will look into the idea below. Thanks.

At 08:12 AM 12/20/2000 -0500, Mark L. Hammond wrote:
>Hi Reid,
>
>Get WispDDE (by Nando)---it does just what you want, working with Wisp to
>control your radio VFOs.  Available for free from the files section on
>www.amsat.org.
>
>73,
>
>Mark N8MY
>
>At 10:58 PM 12/19/2000, you wrote:
>
>>I may be missing something here, but can I assume that WISP is unable to
>>do any CAT control of a rig, for example the Kenwood TS811? I notice
>>that all references to ports and rig frequency control appears to be under
>>the rotator box.
>>
>>I have a KC Tracker without the radio portions. I suppose I could eventually
>>upgrade the KC Tracker to support the radio tuning, but I haven't the time.
>>I was hoping that the KC Tracker would move the antennas as it does
>>now and that WISP could do the doppler adjustments via a selected
>>serial port. It appears that this is not possible. Am I correct in this
>>assumption?
>>

>>Reid Bristor
>>Bristor Associates
>>Phone:  (321) 254-1265