New Commands in IRC

For those that have been sleeping and there probably is one or two of you.
Tony, VK3JED and I have been beefing up our IRC with some nice features.

You can check the following features 24 hours per day. I know there are many
that don't check their email that often or that don't subscribe to amsat-bb (in
which case, you won't see this message either).

The new commands are:
!help which brings up a list of the commands
!tle which will download to you with dcc send the keps for ao-40
!kep which will simply send you the keps for ao-40 that you can cut/paste
!allsats which will download  to you the keps for all the amateur sats with dcc
send
!cut which will give you a how-to cut and paste with mIRC
!copy which is the same as !cut

We can add any other feature that people think would be useful. The
welcome message also instructs you to use the !help to see the commands.

Again, to find our IRC, connect to any of the CHATNET.IRC servers using
port(s) 6666, 6667, 6668, 6669. Upon connection, /join #amsat
The channel #amsat is a secret channel meaning that it is invisible on the /list
command to others. This is to eliminate the non-ham types that have tried to
cause trouble on the channel and lewd people (none were hams).

Lastly, if you have trouble with any of the features, you can send email or a
private chat to either Tony or I for some help.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas
AMSAT Area Coordinator
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on W0KIE Satcom C3, T24, 7.5Mhz