Re: Troubleshooting the bird

I think that the rules for transmitters cover this.  If the spacecraft
cannot receive commands, it is not a good idea for it to continually
transmit a meesage.  Unless I have missed something, all transmitters must
be under positive control (ie be controllable to the off position within a
certain amount of time).  If it cannot hear control signals, it must
failsafe to off, not beaconing until spacecraft destruction, possibly 20
years down the line.

73
Glenn
WB4UIV