RE: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

 > Van: Dale Coleman [mailto:kf4sir@earthlink.net]
 >
 > Hi all, I have been curious about the possibility of
 > installing a amateur
 > radio module on a commercial satellite that would be launched into a
 > geosynchronous orbit.
 >
 > This would seem to make sense - lease or buy space on a
 > larger commercial
 > satellite instead of trying to develop one.
 >
 > Perhaps the amateur radio community could offer the owners of the
 > commercial satellite some excellent public relations
 > potential by allowing
 > schools to use the module for science projects Ect.
 >
 > Just curious and dreaming while waiting for AO-40 to say Hi again.
 >
 > Dale KF4SIR
Hi dave,

there is a geosat on 13 east (if i'm not mistaking) that has a digital
chanel for ATV use.
It is on a wide beam and caries the pi6alk ATV repeater.

ofcourse it is not a ham frequentie that is used for the downlink but it is
ham use.

73 de Andre PE1RDW
aprsdigi co-ordinator Netherlands
member aprs workgroup Netherlands