Re: opensource satellites

> Bob Bruninga writes about their satellite projects:
>  >
>  > PCsat:   http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/pcsat.html
>  > CubeSat: Http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/cubesat.html
>  >

James asked:
> Any idea on how much power it would take to loft something the size of
> a cubesat into a LEO?

Stanford will be launching several in November 2001 and has a progam to
launch them continuously as long as there are paying customrers.  THey
charge a flat rate of $30,000 for each cubesat.  I invite the amateur
community that has the talent to build some hardware to build some
hardware....  If you build a working gizmo, then getting the $30,000 might
be easier than you think...

de WB4APR, Bob

To reserve a slot, send $3000 I think now... then pay the rest later...