RE: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

> This is not quite true!! The southern hemisphere will
> (initially at least)
> miss out badly if AO-40 ever acheives it's planned orbit.

Not quite true.  I have done some pass predictions with the sample Keps
provided by AMSAT, and we'll still get passes up to 11 or 12 hours duration
(especially to the USA).  A geosync bird over the Atlantic would give us
_ZERO_ coverage.

AO-27 was a source of frustration for me at one stage, but SO-35 and UO-14
have filled that gap nicely now. :-)