RE: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

> BTW, the RS-12/13 series sats were done this way.
>
> Another wild thought:  How about piggybacking on a GPS satellite?
> You get a high orbit with a wide variety of footprints...

Interesting idea, and these birds get around the world a bit.  Piggybacking
with someone else might be a useful proposition.  However, piggybacking a
LEO RS style bird (with low power/simple antennas) is a different
proposition to a higher powered transponder running directional antennas
(spose one could run omnis on V/U, if we could put up with the poorer link
budget).

Food for thought in this in any case.