RE: Re:"hard reset"

Unless the "hard reset" includes a power cycle then the RAM will contain any
data that was there before the reset.

Generally a "hard reset" is like pressing the reset button on your PC if it
has one.  A "soft reset" is like ctrl-alt-delete in DOS or a "shutdown and
restart" in the various Windows flavors.  Both do a system restart but a
hard reset generally causes the peripheral hardware itself to reset and run
self-diagnostics.  Most likely the hard reset will include diagnostics on
the RAM so it will be wiped anyway.

Static RAM chips/SIMS/DIMMS (whatever) don't have a "reset."  It's the
addressing logic that is reset.  I am assuming that it has static CMOS RAM
since that's what I was told.

Kevin, WB5RUE
el09vf