Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT

at jolleybuckaroo@hotmail.com wrote:

> > I think we are talking different things here.  I am quite sure that
> > individual components were burned in.  What I dont think occurred (dont
>know
> > it didnt but never read about it and it would have been hard on a budget
> > do this) is a total full up test only lacking in terms of the space
> > environment...
>
>You must be new to the ham sat world!
>
>P3D has undergone tests of every system and subsystem both in the
>integration lab in Orlando and at the launch site.  Yes, it was tested and
>burned in as a complete unit.  This was not a half ass job.
>
>Jon

"new"...I have QSL's from Oscar VI and tapes from Oscar V.

Are you telling me that they did a full up test in the integration lab where
they spun the sat at the current spin rate, cycled day night operated all
the various software modes etc.  If they did then thats never been really
well reported (and I am An AMSAT Life member).

Again if they did then they either missed something (possible) or they have
had a systems failure.

Robert WB5MZO