Re: Troubleshooting the bird

on 12/19/00 10:48 AM, Edward R. Cole at al7eb@ptialaska.net wrote:

> BTW there are 9 receivers on-board.  Which one is currently switched-on?
> You need to know that before any successful command transmissions are made.

According to information sent to me by a very high level person on the
design team, the L band receiver is always on and cannot be turned off.  At
the same time if  the 70cm TX is on the 2m RX is on and if  the 2m TX is on
the 70cm RX is on.  So in any configuration, we have at least 1 receiver on
at all time if no transmitter is on and if one of the main transmitters is
on, we have 2 RXs.

73,

Jon
NA9D