Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT > armature radio

[snip]

 > outside donations. To date there has been a considerable lack of
 > information both while the satellite was healthy and at present when it's
 > fate is unknown.  [snip]

 > a fiscal standpoint the need for this information is vital. As an AMSAT
 > member I would have liked to be informed of much more about the goings on
 > involving the commissioning of AO-40 than I was.   [snip]

 > Would it be easy... maybe not
 >
 > would it be worthwhile... absolutely!
 >
 > After all I have always looked at armature radio as not just being about
 > technology but the use of technology in the pursuit of *communication*
 >
 > Richard Lubash
 > N1VXW

 > rlubash@poco.mv.com

Dear Richard N1VXW,

AMSAT is the type of organization where the individual member contributes
his of her own talents.  If one sees a "problem" then he contributes his
talent to the fix or a part of the fix.  The job cannot always be left
up to "someone else" to do.

I have tried to practice this with AMSAT for the past several years.

It appears that some of your talents are in the news information area.

Our AMSAT Journal editor, Russ Tillman K5NRK (k5nrk@amsat.org), is a
*great* guy to work with, as is our AMSAT News Service editor, Dan James
NN0DJ (nn0dj@amsat.org).  It would be wonderful if you might consider to
research and write once or twice or on occasion about a subject like
the goings on involving the commissioning of AO-40.  You'll find most
of those members whom you interview *enjoy* talking about their work,
both professional and hobby, even when time is scarce (as opposed to
writing the article themselves!).

We're glad to have you on board.

Sincerely,

Pat Kilroy, N8PK

Patrick L. Kilroy                                                WK
Integration & Test Lead Engineer  PHONE:  301-286-1984
NASA Goddard Space Flight Center  FAX:    301-286-1673
Building 5, Mail Code 568         E-MAIL: pat.kilroy@gsfc.nasa.gov
Greenbelt, Maryland  20771        WEB:    http://simsat.gsfc.nasa.gov