Re: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

At 11:07 AM 12/19/2000 , you wrote:
>on 12/19/00 9:44 AM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:
>
> > that may be true, but I for one would love to have a sat always over the
> > USA. It would be like one big repeater for the whole country. It would be
> > great. Bet it would be less expensive to build then P3D?
>
>First of all, when you say "repeater" I hope you don't mean FM.  That would
>be a nightmare!  But an SSB bird always above us would be great.  Kinda
>makes HF useless!  :-)

what if it was a SSB microwave only bird [1.2g and 2.4g] with two
transmitters and two receivers on each band? One a 1.2g uplink with a 2.4g
downlink. The second system with a 2.4g uplink and a 1.2g downlink. Each
with its own watchdog system. Each with its own solar power system. Two
power control systems for maneuver.

W4SCO