Re: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

on 12/19/00 9:44 AM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> that may be true, but I for one would love to have a sat always over the
> USA. It would be like one big repeater for the whole country. It would be
> great. Bet it would be less expensive to build then P3D?

First of all, when you say "repeater" I hope you don't mean FM.  That would
be a nightmare!  But an SSB bird always above us would be great.  Kinda
makes HF useless!  :-)

Would it be less expensive than P3D?  Perhaps but probably still more than
just AMSAT-NA could afford.  The beauty of P3D was that it was funded by the
entire world.  The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

> Why not have both types of sats?

Sure you could.  But money is the problem.  If you want to put for the money
for all of them we'd all love it!

73,

Jon
NA9D