Re: Amateur radio module on commercial Geo Sat?

I always thought this would be a great idea.  This way, you eliminate
80% of the work and risk. These things can come for free:

1: Power
2: Attitude control

Of course, you need someone to do you a BIG favor...
But modern TV sats seem to have kilowatt power budgets,
so it would not be impossible for them to spare 1% of that
for a ham transponder.

Also, you have extra work to convince tour hosts that your
transmitter will not interfere with their receivers.

BTW, the RS-12/13 series sats were done this way.

Another wild thought:  How about piggybacking on a GPS satellite?
You get a high orbit with a wide variety of footprints...

Doug Braun