Re: AO-40 info from AMSAT-UK

On Sun, Dec 17, 2000 at 10:53:18PM -0600, Jon Ogden wrote:
> No, I don't think that's correct.  Peter says it is a "fail-safe" system.
> Fail-safe by definition means there is redundancy built in.  Additionally,

Peter did also say that there is a software watchdog, but no hardware
watchdog. I don't understand how a software watchdog can be fail-safe;
for that matter, a hardware one can't either but it is less likely
to fail I should think.

> My President is George W. Bush -> The legal winner in Florida

Do you think you could keep your politics for an appropriate forum?

Hamish (electronics engineer)