Re: What to do IF we regain control of AO-40

on 12/18/00 11:56 PM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

> I further assume that this part has been used in other spacecraft and that
> the manufacturer has data (or should have) on its performance in space (and
> how to do work-arrounds).

No.  Not at all.  AMSAT is the only agency to every buy this type of valve.
This valve is used on no other craft.  The reason is that it was too
expensive to use by agencies like NASA and the DoD.  It was never tested by
the manufacturer before being delivered to AMSAT. An ex-pizza delivery boy
did the repair work.

ARGH!

Jon Ogden
NA9D (ex: KE9NA)