Re: AO-40

I asked a similar question yesterday.  Here's the (edited) reply from WA1TIF:

Dave,

Both Rich Moseson W2VU at CQ and I have both been keeping track of AO-40 via
the NORAD Book of Satellites available over the web. The latest info ndicates an apogee of 59,258 km which would coincide -- almoa -- with the 60,000 km post burn orbit announced by Dr. Meinzer's AMSAT-DL control team.
Here are the exact numbers:

Query return total: 1Query Date: 2000/12/17 14:41:08

Search Criteria: Amsat Oscar 40

Satellite Object Number: Ascending Order

IntID/Name CatNo Source period Incl Apogee Perigee RCS

2000-072B 26609 GER 1146.5 6.4 59258 558 0.0000
AMSAT OSCAR 40 Launched (2000/11/16)

So, at least according to NORAD there is something that they believe is AO-40
in that orbit.