Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT

>From: Jon Ogden <na9d@mindspring.com>
>To: Laura Jolley <jolleybuckaroo@hotmail.com>, <maggie@voicenet.com>
>CC: <amsat-bb@amsat.org>
>Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] An Open Letter To AMSAT
>Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 20:33:12 -0600
>
>on 12/18/00 7:57 PM, Laura Jolley at jolleybuckaroo@hotmail.com wrote:
>
> > What noise level increase is going on here?  This is a BBS which is a
>place
> > for discussion among various groups.
>
>LOTS and LOTS of noise.  Let's see examples:
>
>1.) P3D has blown up!
>2.) P3D was launched with known defects.
>3.) What is happening?
>4.) What is happening?
>5.) Did someone say P3D blew up?
>6.) Did anyone copy P3D after the burn?
>7.) Where are the latest keps?
>8.) What is happening?
>
>Over and over we hear many new people asking the same questions and saying
>the same things.  >NA9D (ex: KE9NA)

I guess we have a differing opinion of noise.  First off you list a few
things twice.  OK some minds jump to the same question and fire them off.

Some people dont have as much knowledge as perhaps you do.  Since I tracked
AO-40 after the burn I knew it didnt blow up.  Its also pretty clear to me
that most of the reception reports are birdies and the like but in all cases
most strike me as people asking perhaps not as informed questions as you
might like but reasonable ones.

As for people asking questions...I am a fleet standards aviator and am use
to people asking the same things over and over....differnt times.

Robert Oler WB5MZO