Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT

on 12/18/00 7:57 PM, Laura Jolley at jolleybuckaroo@hotmail.com wrote:

> What noise level increase is going on here?  This is a BBS which is a place
> for discussion among various groups.

LOTS and LOTS of noise.  Let's see examples:

1.) P3D has blown up!
2.) P3D was launched with known defects.
3.) What is happening?
4.) What is happening?
5.) Did someone say P3D blew up?
6.) Did anyone copy P3D after the burn?
7.) Where are the latest keps?
8.) What is happening?

Over and over we hear many new people asking the same questions and saying
the same things.  That's why I encourage anyone new to the bb to look at the
archives and "catch up" on what is going on.  I'm not trying to insult any
new folks, but just want them to read up on things so we don't repeat it
every time someone new comes on board.  Perhaps an AO-40 FAQ is in order!

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden