Re: apology -- was AO-40

on 12/18/00 5:45 PM, sco@sco-inc.com at sco@sco-inc.com wrote:

>> I feel that I owe the group an apology.  I jumped the gun, so to speak, with
>> my comments about the AO-40 team.  It seems that I read more into the report
>> than was there.  It had been a long day and I was already irritable but that
>> is no excuse.  I have been given the real facts via some personal e-mail.
>
> "Real Facts" ???
> Is there a big secret here?  Why don't we all know the "real facts"? When
> we were trying to get a launch ride to orbit I could understand the
> politics of that situation. But now there is no reason for any ham to not
> be able to know the "real facts".

Whoa!  SCO slow down here!  The "real facts" Kevin was given was several of
us pounding it into his head that a "repaired valve" does not mean a
"faulty" valve.  Peter Guzelow even explained that the valve was sent back
to the manufacturer for repair so it wasn't repaired with a hammer and
pliers in the integration lab as some have suggested.  Those are the "real"
facts that Kevin alludes to.  It was also explained that "rounding errors"
in software are normal and are part of the calibration that is impossible to
determine before flight.  All this was explained in e-mail that everyone,
including yourself could read.

I think we need to stop the "cloak and dagger" mentality that there are
things that are being kept from us by the control team.  This mentality does
not help.

Also, it seems there are a great number of new people reading the bb now and
asking the same questions that have already been addressed and answered
multiple times.  I would suggest to any new users that you go back and read
the archives of the bb over the last week.  You'll find MANY of your
questions answered.

73,

Jon
NA9D