Re: [ans] AMSAT Special Bulletin

>The radar cross section was as expected with no other pieces found
>nearby. This should end speculation of an explosion as NORAD found
>only one object with a radar cross section that was consistent with a
>satellite the size of AO-40.

While this new radar tracking data is indeed heartening news, I must
point out that it does not totally rule out an explosion.  It merely
says that IF an explosion occurred, it did not blow the spacecraft
apart or significantly change the orbit.

Obviously, I sincerely hope that no explosion occurred. But I think it
important to draw conclusions only when they are warranted by the
available data.

Phil