Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT

>P3D has been launched. It was moved to a higher (60,000km apogee) orbit than
>planned by a propulsion system problem. 24 hours later the telemetry beacon
>shutdown. It is possible that one or both of the IHU's crashed. There is an
>auto-reboot process that could take place anytime during the next 7-10 days;
>if it does not, ground controllers could upload a command to do a hard
>restart BUT they'd prefer to wait a few days before doing that.

I was told last Thursday evening that the sat would "reset" itself last Sat
afternoon. It is now Monday evening and you say it should reset itself
sometime in the next 7-10 days.

I thought this was what they called "rocket science" ... that someone
actually "knew" when events were scheduled to happen.  I guess we are just
waiting to see if AO-40 "decides" if IT will cooperate and re-establish
communications.

I hope it does so. Maybe we will know before 2001?

W4SCO