Re: An Open Letter To AMSAT

Robert Oler WB5MZO wrote:

>(snip...)
>Having said that I always find undying messages of support
>"we love you Cowboys" a little somewhat homey actually and
>somewhat forced AND labeling of anyone who asked any
>questions as a "dissenter" somewhat a little to forced to.
>(in the end they might retort that the other group is the "blindly follow
>our leaders" group) In the end they
>dont make any difference anyway...but they sure set the
>tone for next time.
>
>I am a test pilot trained by a major military service
>(grin) and occassionally get called upon to help in the
>investigation of major (read commercial) airline accidents.
>IN that instant one probably knows considerably less then
>the control stations do now...and one cant give instant
>answers...but one can say exactly what is being done and when its being
>done and sort of for why.
>
>I think if more of that were being done here most of teh
>"dissenters" would find little audience.

All well and good on paper, but your "major military
service" has a budget with more digits than AMSAT's.
If AMSAT had that kind of budget I'd expect reports too.

I have sometimes felt frustrated at the lack of infor-
mation. But on our budget we can't afford many of the
niceties of wealthier organizations. I respect the
volunteer work that is being done.

If you think you can do a better job, put your money
where your mouth is: run for the Board. Or, even better,
start a satellite project and show us simpletons how
it's done. You seem to have all the answers...

                                   - Hospital/Shafte