Re:"hard reset"

The AO-40 IHU most likely works like others that I have seen. A "hard reset"
will reset the CPU and all peripherals and reboot the system. The AO-40 IHU
has error-correcting memory so one of the first things that must be done
after reset is to write zeros into memory. This is because the memory will
start up full of random bits and half of the bit combinations are guaranteed
to activate the error correction hardware and interrupt the CPU
continuously. The "hard reset" would destroy all data collected since the
telemetry beacon stopped and leave the controllers in the dark as to why it
happened.

John
KD6OZH