From: <K5OE@aol.com>
To: <bruninga@usna.edu>
Cc: <amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org>
Sent: Monday, December 18, 2000 10:47 AM
Subject: Re: [amsat-bb] RS-12/13 Testimonial

> Yes, Bob, you have discovered one of the best kept secrets in amateur sats
today.  It is a phenominal signal--very clear and easy to copy all the way
to the horizon.  It is as loud and clear as SUNSAT, and that is saying a
lot.  Unfortunately, few people show up for the show.  Last night I was
lucky to get into a 5-way roundtable with KE4AZN, AC3A, KK5DO, and KD8UJ.

> For those wanting to work the bird, the Doppler is pretty manageable, even
with just a "split" rig.  I run a FT-100 without hearing my downlink.  The
passband is slightly off-center by a couple of kHz, but you could use these
as fair "guesstimates" for trying the bird...

> High elevation pass (greater than 35 degrees at TCA):
>  -  your uplink at 21.280 MHz
>  -  downlink AOS at 145.888 MHz
>  -  downlink TCA at 145.883 MHz
>  -  downlink LOS at 145.878 MHz
>
> Low elevation pass (less than 30 degrees at TCA):
>  -  your uplink at 21.280 MHz
>  -  downlink AOS at 145.886 MHz
>  -  downlink TCA at 145.883 MHz
>  -  downlink LOS at 145.880 MHz
>
> You can interpolate and add/subtract linearly from the above table to get
you in the ballpark from any uplink frequency.  I hope to hear more ops on
this fine LEO.