AO-40/ iss repeater?

Hi SCO:

> what could we do if we built a repeater to put on or attach to the
> ISS?  What size footprint would we have?

There is an unofficial proposal to put a FM repeater on ISS.
(prototype built, plans being reviewed etc., not official yet)

If a FM repeater was installed, it would have a foot print similar
yet smaller than UO-14, where uo14 is in range for 15 minutes, ISS
would only be in range for 10.  ISS passes over your qth 4-6 times a
day (depending on latitude) and has a range of aprox 1500 miles.
Stations using an ERP of >40 watts would not have
a problem using the theoretical repeater.  The only big issues is
the repeater in a Single user repeater, just like uo-40.
On ISS, Space is very limited.  If a repeater was mounted inside
the ISS, is size would need to be smaller than a shoe box (typically).

> what kind of a sat could we do if we built a sat that we could somehow
> "launch" from the ISS to a high orbit?

Russia is looking into building some free falling satellites which
can be launched or tossed from an iss bound cargo rockets (Progress
rocket)
The first in the series is called Kolibir 1 and will have a life span
of 4-6 months until its orbit decays.

If u have time and money, i can point u at the people and u can
try to build some more shot life educational satellite projects

Miles WF1F MAREX