Re: Has this question been asked or considered?

> Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 20:25:39 -0800
> From: "Lonnie (NT6B)" <nt6b-vk7lm@DREAMSOFT.COM>
> Subject: [amsat-bb] Has this question been asked or considered?
>
> Without jumping to conclusions, my former occupation leads me to ask the
> simple question about Insurance coverage.  Did Amsat purchase insurance
> coverage for AO-40 or P3D?....Maybe someone out there knows the
> answer.   It would be nice to know that some recovery may be on the horizon
> but prefer to hear AO-40's Telemetry instead.

If I recall correctly, AO-40 was insured while it was being transported.
I understand that it was insured for its actual cost (the amount that
AMSAT actually paid for parts, etc.), not its value (the value of a
more-or-less equivalent commercial satellite or its replacement value).

Launch insurance was prohibitedly expensive, and was not purchased.

-tjs