Re: AO-40

on 12/17/00 9:09 PM, Timothy J Salo at tjs@tc.umn.edu wrote:

>> There is no such thing as an "unmodifiable launch date."  If you miss your
>> window or your ride you wait for the next one.  ...
>
> This may be true if you are a primary payload and pay full fare, but
> I am not convinced that this is necessarily true if you are a secondary
> payload and pay significantly less than market rate.

Exactly, Tim.  That just shows this guys knows zilch of what he is talking
about.  We've been waiting since last October for the bird to go up.  It
took over a year for a suitable payload combination to be located.  If we
would have missed this configuration, who knows when the next configuration
like this would have been available.  Amsat is at the mercy of Ariannespace
and their primary payloads since we ride for next to nothing.

73,

Jon
NA9D

Jon Ogden