DCI Bandpass Filters

Hi all.
I get a considerable amount of intermod near the UO-14 downlink frequency
when I run my preamp.  Believe it or not, it seems to be mostly from AM
broadcast stations.  I never really noticed it before, but then the Fugi's
are 800 kHz higher and AO-27 is almost 2 MHz higher and the problem seems to
disappear above 435.5 MHz.  Anyone have any experience with the DCI-435-10C
filter?  At almost 2 kg and 300 mm long, it certainly would be a problem up
on the mast.  Please reply directly.
Thanks es 73,
Jerry, K5OE