From: sco@sco-inc.com
To: wb5rue@arrl.net
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.Org
Sent: 12/17/00 9:34 PM
Subject: RE: [amsat-bb] AO-40

At 07:33 PM 12/17/2000 , you wrote:
>You'd think he'd at least get my call right.  I'm not trying to create
any
>kind of dissension at all.  I'm just letting my frustrations be known.
Have
>you read the reports?  They put it up with KNOWN problems.  How wise is
>that?  Any R&D or preparation team worth its salt would fix the KNOWN
>problems.  Yes I agree, no hardware is perfect.  I supported this team
from
>the beginning with words and cash but it seems that they put something
up
>that wasn't ready.

This is one point on which I agree.  If I had been told that we were
planning to launch P3D with "known" problems such as this ... I would
NOT
have invested any money [nor will I in the future]. I always thought
that
everything tested "fine" prior to launch. Mistakes happen ... life
happens
..but launching with known defects that could cause this loss of control

are NOT acceptable risks.

W4SCO