AO-40 and future sats.

Even if AO-40 doesn't come back-- I've done enough experimenting and
tinkering with my station and microwave equipment to be happy.
I guess thats why I am not much of a DXer.. I derive my joy in ham radio
from building the station up.

Anyway.. I have and probably will still disagree with the sat community
about geosync sats.  If there were a way to put up three small microwave
sats, and maybe have two or three ground stations cross link all of them
together, we would have the ultimate setup.. worldwide coverage-- small
antennas-- no rotors.  The southern hemisphere would not get shafted either
in that scenario.

Is it possible to put three small sats in a high orbit with a propultion
system, and keep it light enough to be a cheap launch?
I dunno-- maybe one of the aerospace guys can prove that I'm an idiot.
But from a communications perspective it seems like a good idea.

I'd not completely panic yet.. Remember what was done to DO-17 and
KO-23.. sometimes the herculean efforts of the ground stations can
pay off.  I seem to remember that one of the big EME arrays recovered DO-17
once.

My only concern really is will the batteries hold out until 21 DEC or
25 DEC?

Fred W0FMS